How to Conquer Being Overweight - "Fat the Weight Loss Disease"


Fat the Weight Loss Disease:

What Is Obesity?

Obesity is an excess proportion of total body fat. A person is considered obese when his or her weight is 20% or more above normal weight. The most common measure of obesity is the body mass index or BMI. A person is considered overweight if his or her BMI is between 25 and 29.9; a person is considered obese if his or her BMI is over 30.

"Morbid obesity" means that a person is either 50%-100% over normal weight, more than 100 pounds over normal weight, has a BMI of 40 or higher, or is sufficiently overweight to severely interfere with health or normal function. *

weight loss plan, fast weight loss, weight loss diets,

How Does Obesity Occur?

Fat is a weight loss disease when you really get into it. The body follows the mindset. It cracks me up how some people drive to the mall and ride around for hours looking for a close parking spot instead of parking at a distance to get more steps in-

This takes me back to a sermon where the minister said "common sense ain't so common" Well as much as I hate to say it, I think I'm starting to agree because the average obese person would rather hide behind an unhealthy lifestyle than to admit there is a problem let alone doing something about it. If you are not the average obese individual, I hope and pray you are exempt!

Above is the dictionary version of what obesity is. However I'm going to keep it real by showing you potential patterns in your lifestyle that lead to obesity.

Some of these examples are as follows:

• driving to the corner store instead of opting to walk

• asking people to get things for you instead of getting it for yourself

• Spending more than 3 hours per day watching television instead of moving around - bad habit

• Ordering or getting fast foods several times per day rather than cooking for yourself

• the absence of exercise is the onset of obesity

• Starting your day off with donuts or cookies rather than a healthy and balanced meal

• Drinking sugary beverages that are high in calories

• Fad dieting

While there are innumerable ways to become obese above is my short list to clue you in on how most of American's get the crown, the obesity crown that is. Further this is what leads many to consider gastric bypass as a means to cure the disease. When getting the right information and making the right decisions is all it takes. If you know that most fast foods are high in calories and are unhealthy, not to mention your choice to top it off with a sugary beverage or a shake that has more calories than the meal itself, then don't be stuck on stupid, instead expect the expected!

The Effects of Obesity

As for me some of the lifestyle patterns from above caused a cycle of yoyo dieting and binge eating which lead to sustaining obesity. This has mental, physical and emotional ramifications that can negatively impact you. I know it did for me. Let me share my personal experience. This experience is one I shall never forget to remember. I went on vacation with the family and during this time I was doing quite well on my new found low carbohydrate diet. I prefer to call this a low carbohydrate "lifestyle" because it must become a way of life to have lasting results. I will never forget the day everyone decided to go out for ice cream. While I knew better, I wanted to be like everybody else so when we went out for ice cream, instead of ordering a sugar free ice cream, I went for the real deal. Now the craziest truth is that I did this like three times in that one week. Heck I was on vacation so why deny myself. I also ate more than half a box of crackers. When we went out to eat I discovered that every restaurant we went to, offered only fried food options. So you can probably guess that I had excessive fried foods that week with very little exercise to offset my eating habits. Needless to say when I returned home and got on the scale, I was up eight pounds. Yes in a matter of one week away from my wonderful low carbohydrate lifestyle change, I trashed my results. What was I going to do? I had to start all over again with the low carbohydrate eating plan to get rid of the weight I so easily found. This is just an example of the cycle obesity can take you through.

That's what happened in general but more directly I was affected emotionally. I was so angry I berated myself mentally about not having enough will power to stay away from the foods I should not have eaten. Now mind you my original weight was 182 and after about three weeks of successful dieting I weighed in at 174. So prior to the vacation I was 174 and pleased but when I returned home and got on the scale I never expected to be heavier than the 182 which again was my original weight but to my surprise I was at 184 and I was "p.i.s.s.e.d" like never before.

I stood on that scale starring at it, I could not believe it. I was so disappointed in myself that I began the self-talk abuse, which led to a slight sadness, not depression but indeed sadness about my loss of success which meant failure in my eyes. I jumped off the scale frustrated and wanted to give up but I knew I did not want to go back to the 275 lbs. I was before my gastric bypass so I knew I had to buckle down and change my attitude. Later on I will share the success of my second vacation but for now there are other effects caused by "fat the weight loss disease" that I would strongly recommend you watch out for.

• Depression

• Low self esteem

• Unhealthy weight loss tactics

• Frustration that makes you quit

• Overdoing it

Depression comes in many forms but can be evidenced in negative self-talk.

•I look so fat in everything

• Everyone looks at me because I'm fat

• I hate my body

• I can't believe I just ate that

• I should throw up

• Nobody is going to love me until I drop this weight

Low self-esteem is a common emotion in many people who are overweight

• I'm not pretty or attractive, they won't hire me, I won't talk to him or her they won't like me anyway, I'll start dating after I drop this weight

• Compensating: Hiding behind glamour, always on can't ever relax, wearing clothes that don't fit; hiding in baggy clothing to hide or tight clothing to reveal

• Attitude: Defensive, Overcompensating, Perfectionist

• Body Language: Slouching, drooping, hanging head, hiding, trying to be invisible

Unhealthy weight loss tactics tend to stall weight loss and can be harmful to the body during the process.

• Skipping Meals

• Using colon cleanses such as enema's and even colonics to lose weight rather than as a health practice.

• Over exercising to burn the majority of calories you binged on

• Taking over the counter and prescription drugs to address weight loss (i.e Xenadrine, Alli, and any other pill in the weight loss category)

Frustration can make you want to quit, particularly following several weight loss failures.

• When you don't see the numbers on the scale move, when you're really trying to lose weight

• Friends monitoring what you eat because you've told them you are dieting, can make you feel really frustrated

• You can become frustrated when your work cafeteria or restaurants don't have the food choices you need leading you up to ordering foods that are not healthy for you.

• You get upset when you think you've been caught with an unhealthy food in your hand and this can be internally frustrating.

Over doing it can come in many ways but I wanted to touch on eating disorders.

• Anorexia- Anorexia Nervosa is a serious, potentially life-threatening eating disorder characterized by self-starvation and excessive weight loss.

• Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is a type of eating disorder not otherwise specified and is characterized by recurrent binge eating without the regular use of compensatory measures to counter the binge eating.

• Bulimia Nervosa is a serious, potentially life-threatening eating disorder characterized by a cycle of bingeing and compensatory behaviors such as self-induced vomiting designed to undo or compensate for the effects of binge eating.

• Eating Disorders not otherwise specified is when a person does not have to be diagnosed with Anorexia, Bulimia or BED to have an eating disorder. An eating disorder can include a combination of signs and symptoms but not meet the full criteria. Read more about the individual signs and symptoms in this handout.( http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/information-resources/general-information.php )

Losing weight rather with surgery or without can be hard. If you have already made the choice to lose weight, that is great. If you are on the fence concerning your decision to go it naturally or with surgery I am here to help you make the most informed decision I can. I will be drawing from my own personal experiences as well as doing the research to help you through the process.

You can work out as much as you want but if you eat the wrong foods at the wrong times of day you are defying your fitness goals and you will not lose weight. Our bodies are a machine, they only run WELL when they are fed the right foods. Are you feeding your body the right foods.

Please answer the following questions:

• Do you skip breakfast

• Do you start your day with sugar in your cup

• Do you consume large amounts of flour based foods

• Do you go to sleep right after your meals

• Are you a Gym Member No Show

• Do you eat fast foods 3-4 times per week

If you answered yes to more than 3 of the questions above you should get serious about adopting a healthy lifestyle to combat potentially life threatening diseases.

*( http://www.webmd.com/diet/what-is-obesity )

14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Macro-patterning And Interval Sequencing Program

Wie Sie hartnäckiges Bauchfett loswerden

Total Wellness Cleanse

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Best Weight Loss Program
Support by CB Engine